You are viewing a past event. Ticket sales are closed.
Recent developments in the Greek Gas and Power Markets
Intercontinental Hotel, Athens
16 December 2014, 09:00 - 20:00
|09:00 - 10:00
|10:00 - 10:15
Kostas Andriosopoulos, Director, Research Centre for Energy Management (RCEM) at ESCP Europe & Vice Chairman, Public Gas Corporation S.A.
Dinos Arcoumanis, Ambassador-at-Large of the Hellenic Republic for Energy Policy and New Technologies
|10:15 - 10:45
Opening keynote address:
Makis Papageorgiou, Deputy Minister of Environment, Energy and Climate Change, Hellenic Republic
|10:45 - 12:45
“Liberalisation of the Natural Gas Market”
Introduction and Chair: Angelos Gkanoutas-Leventis, Vice Chairman, Greek Energy Forum
- Can a virtual trading gas hub be established in the Balkans? What is the role of Greece and what are the necessary conditions for this to happen?
- How can we boost the internal gas demand, both for industrial and consumer use? What will be the benefits for the consumers?
- What could attract more international energy firms to seek active involvement in the Greek Gas market, and thus increase competition?
- What are the milestones before we can talk of a fully liberalised gas market in Greece?
|12:45 - 13:45
|13:45 - 15:45
“Liberalization of the power market”
Introduction and Chair: Chrysa Liagou, Journalist, Kathimerini
- How is the on-going liberalisation of the power market progressing?
- How important is the interconnection of the Greek Islands with the mainland power grid?
- What are the future opportunities for growth for the two “new” Power Utilities? How can consumers benefit from the competition?
- Can we learn from the Italian or other European experiences?
- How is the market going to perceive the new NOME-type auctions?
|15:45 - 16:15
|16:15 - 18:00
“The 2030 European Energy Targets and their role/ impact on the liberalization of the Greek Energy markets"
Introduction and Chair: Leo Drollas, Director & Chief Economist, Centre for Global Energy Studies
- How can the national regulators and networks support the EU energy strategy?
- What will be the future role of gas in regional power generation?
- Are the banks in a position to provide the necessary financing and credit requirement for this new era of the energy markets?
Official Dinner Conference conclusions:
- Dinos Arcoumanis, Ambassador at Large of the Hellenic Republic for Energy Policy and New Technologies
- Kostas Andriosopoulos, Director, Research Centre for Energy Management (RCEM) at ESCP Europe & Vice Chairman, Public Gas Corporation S.A.
Closing Remarks: Antonis Samaras, Prime Minister, Hellenic Republic
To download the most updated Conference Agenda click on the following link.